Google+ Followers

Thursday, May 11, 2017

A "Chopped" Salad Salad and Poached Pears


We are back home in Ohio after a stop in Philadelphia to spend Easter weekend with daughter #1 and her husband and my beautiful, talented, brilliant……granddaughters. But before leaving our Florida home I put together this meal (and remembered to snap some photos.  I know,  I have been somewhat lax in my posts! But I guarantee, I have not stopped cooking and eating!! 

Entre: A salad of Convenience or in other words "Yo Jo, whats in frig?"

The greens included spinach and arugula. The chopped veggies included peas, tomatoes, broccoli,  roasted red pepper and carrots. Other ingredients - hard boiled egg, prosciutto, and goat cheese, and shredded cheddar cheese.  Grated parm and a balsam and evoo topped this colorful entree salad.  
















Dessert:  Poached Pears Not such an appetizing photo, but extremely delicious.The pears  were simmered in marsala and a splash of water. A dollop of blue cheese was added prior to serving. delicious!
 
The lanai, the warm weather and the sounds of the grandsons enjoying the pool  (daughter #2), are mere memories…Ohio weather is wet, wet, chilly and wet!*#!

Enjoy,
Jo


No comments: