Google+ Followers

Wednesday, June 29, 2016

CHICKEN FRANCAISE



This was a Jo Day and thoughts were of the upcoming Mothers Day - the flowers arrived, making my thoughts focus on my daughter and her daughters. If I could not be with them,  I would turn to food - not any food, but a"favorite food" (and wine). As luck would have it, I  happened to have all the ingredients.


                                          

The entree: Chicken Francaise. The chicken breasts were pounded thin and coated with a mixture of flour, ground pepper and herbs de provence. The breasts were browned in evoo and a teaspoon of butter.  Meanwhile I simmered chicken stock,white wine and lemon juice.  When the breasts were browned I added the sauce to the pan of breasts and simmered on a very low heat.




The sides:  Risotto.The risotto was cooked according to package direction. I used  boxed chicken stock for the liquid and added an ample portion of pressed garlic.  A cup of grated parmesan cheese was added as the risotto was finishing.

Peas:  Added for color! I merely splashed them with chicken broth and heated in the microwave.



The wine: Rombauer Chardonnay: A tad pricey for a daily dinner, but it was pre Mother's Day,  so why not! And although my spouse's preference is  red wine,  if it is good chardonnay he will share mine. 

Enjoy,
Jo 







  



No comments: