Google+ Followers

Tuesday, February 2, 2016

"Dover" Sole


"Dover Sole" here in the states!?  Hard to believe, but thought "oh well let's try it."  Shared with my spouse that I was sure it was not authentic Dover Sole. But I looked it up this morning, and sure enough it is raised here in US, mostly Alaska.  However it's real name is "slime sole or slippery sole"  The description was not appetizing, so I am glad I purchased, prepared and consumed it before I looked it up! It was not as delicate or tasty as the Dover Sole I have enjoyed in the past, but it wasn't bad.

Entree: "Dover" Sole.  The filets were dipped in egg white, coated with flour flavored with herbs de provence and fresh ground pepper, then browned in evoo and a pat of butter.  White wine and fresh lemon juice were added were added to the pan until evaporated, soaking into into the fish.

Side: Roasted Asparagus. The asparagus was ended, splashed with evoo and roasted for 10 mins at 400 degrees.

Warm "Boule" Bread, dipped in evoo and balsamic vinegar was also served.

Wines: Spouse had KJ Pinot Noir and I had Le Creme Chardonnay.

Enjoy
Jo

AND and rain, rain please go and stay away…..




No comments: