Google+ Followers

Monday, January 11, 2016

Sea Bass wi Lemon Shallot Sauce

Found a great grocer, not far from the Total Wine store. Both worth negotiating traffic here in the Sunshine state. So cooking is good again.  The two cookbooks I brought with me are very good, but in the rush of packing I left my favorite at home. - sorry Silver Palate!

Neither of the books I brought had a sea bass recipe so I went to google….and found this on The Pioneer Woman.I adapted it, of course, but not much. It was simple and turned our very tasty.



First Course:  Miniature Caprese: Small Rounds of fresh mozzarella, grape tomatoes and fresh basil leaves are combined and drizzled with EVOO, balsamic vinegar and fresh ground pepper dressing

Entree:Sea Bass: The Sea Bass is seared  in butter and evoo for two minutes and finished in a 375 degree oven for 8 minutes. (Do not flip)

           The shallot is diced and sautéed until soft, the lemon zest and juice of a lemon are added, stirred and heated on low. The sea bass is flipped on the plate and drizzled with the lemon shallot sauce.

Sides:  The haricot vert were splashed with chicken broth and simmered for 20 minutes.The 90 second Wild and Brown Rice was microwaved. At the grocer we found a favorite of ours - kalamata olive bread!

Wine: Nickel and Nickel Chardonnay - currently my favorite, but a tad pricey for everyday!

Enjoy
Jo

No comments: