Google+ Followers

Monday, January 20, 2014

Lemon Sole in Parchment

When you are rushed for time to cook, it seems like giving an old friend the "brush off." I hate to admit we have been eating out a lot lately. It avoids feeling guilty that I have not had time to plan or be creative. And worse, no time to record and blog. Eating out and cooking what is easy/quick does not allow for much intimacy - it is eating not dining. Now that I have self-lectured myself, I will continue.

In the last two weeks I have made an effort to stock the shelves. So I have about five meals to share and will start with LEMON SOLE IN PARCHMENT

I placed two small pieces of lemon sole on the parchment and topped with sliced lemon, a greek olive mixture, cherry tomatoes, basil, fresh ground pepper and olive oil. I rolled the parchment twice over the lemon sole mixture and tied the ends with string - similar to a BobBon wrapper. I baked in the oven, on a cookie sheet, for about 15 minutes at 400 degrees.

SIDE DISH: Brown Basmati Rice.
I browned pine nuts, and sauteed red bell pepper pieces and diced onion. I added this to "Uncle Ben's Ready Rice." I think these 90 second in the package rices are great and have used a variety of them.

I served a few slices of crunchy sweet flatbread, purchased in the store.

THE WINE: ah the wine. The Cutrer. I have talked about it before - it is one of our special favorites. A tad more pricey that its sister, Sonoma Cutrer, which is my favorite go to chardonnay.

Enjoy,
Jo

1 comment:

The Sullivans said...

Thank you for another great recipe. I like finding new posts from you.