Google+ Followers

Thursday, September 5, 2013

Salmon with Fig Sauce

I have not abandoned my blog. And yes we continue to eat. I was called back into doing what I do best - telling people what to do! Seriously, I was asked to do some consulting with a local college and could not pass up the opportunity to work with academic colleagues once again! So please forgive my absence.

The tomatoes are finally at their peak, so caprese once again and a new favorite way to serve asparagus. The latter was posted in April.






The Caprese: I like serving the tomatoes, fresh mozzarella and basil on top of crusty bread. It is drizzled with evoo and topped with ground black pepper.

The Asparagus: Roasted asparagus is tossed with roasted pine nuts and grated parmesean.

Salmon with Fig Sauce:
Figs seem to popular of late and a jar of fig preserves in the pantry had to be used for something. I mixed and heated preserves with red wine, a tablespoon of brown sugar and two splashed of balsamic vinegar. I brushed the salmon with the fig sauce before it was grilled and then served the remaining sauce at the table.

Wine: Meiomi Pinot Noir. Always a nice everyday wine.

Enjoy,
Jo

No comments: