Google+ Followers

Thursday, June 27, 2013

Tomato Salad and Grilled Vegtables

Getting ready for an annual memorial golf outing and family gathering this weekend back in my hometown. This is the 31st year. Much has happened since my dad passed but his strength of family has endured. None of his kids inherited his "scratch" golf game, but three of four love the game.

Daughter, son-in-law and granddaughters will arrive later today (which is an extra delight for me). And I was told yesterday some relatives from out of state are in town for a funeral mass will stop by the gathering. It should be quite a festive time re-meeting and being introduced to my dad's cousins, second cousins etc....

So in a last quiet moment (and because my mom told me I have not posted since early June) I will share a dinner we had recently.

The veggies were not quite Farmers Market quality yet, but I was hungry for the taste of summer.


The Grilled Vegtables


The vegetables, red bell pepper, zucchini, onion, asparagus, shitake mushrooms and shallots, were marinated in evoo, minced garlic, freshly ground black pepper, fresh thyme, oregano and twigs of oregano. The onion, pepper, and zucchini were put on the grill first and then followed with shallots, then the mushrooms and lastly the asparagus. I kept them warm in the oven while I prepared the tomatoes.









The Tomatoes



The sliced heirloom tomatoes were placed on toasted olive bread and topped with evoo,basil and slivers of parmesan.

The wine: HK Pinot Noir Nice.

Enjoy,
Jo


No comments: