Google+ Followers

Monday, May 6, 2013

Orange Roughy Piccata and Rice "Pilaf"

Not as tasting as Chicken Piccata, but mighty close...


First a salad


My husband and I both like "Greek Salad." The taste varies with the types of olives and nothing beats really good Feta. Most times I do not use lettuce but here I used romaine with the onion, tomato, olives and cucumber; and topped it with plenty of crumbled Feta. The dressing was evoo, white wine vinegar, dried oregano and fresh ground black pepper.


and the piccata



I lightly dredged the orange roughy in flour seasoned with fresh ground black pepper and then browned it in evoo. I carefully removed the fish from pan. I sauteed garlic in evoo, and added white wine and chicken broth. When the sauce began to reduce I put the fish back in the pan, added the capers and simmered until fish was thoroughly cooked.


The side: Rice "pilaf
." I referenced a couple of rice "pilaf" recipes from cookbooks and ended up sauteeing pine nuts, slivered almonds, and onion, tossing in diced roasted red pepper, the cooked basmati rice and and seasoned the mixture with tumeric.

Wine: 2010 Baileyana Chardonnay

Enjoy,
Jo

No comments: