Google+ Followers

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Salmon and Zucchini Cakes


Trust me the dish was very good. The photo does not do it justice. (Damien, you must teach me to take better pictures)! The zucchini cakes were quite good and I look forward to making them again, as a stand alone lunch or light dinner. In a smaller version they may even make a nice appetizer.

Zucchini Cakes. I combined the shredded zucchini with grated parmesan, egg white, diced carrots, panko crumbs, minced garlic, minced carrots, minced shallot, rice vinegar, sugar and ground black pepper. The “cakes” were sautéed in olive oil.

Grilled Salmon. The salmon was coated with oil and fresh ground black pepper and grilled according to “Weber.”

Wine. Kings Ridge Pinot Noir. Not great but did go well with the meal.

Before closing today, I must wish "old" friends a happy 47th wedding anniversary. I was reminded of the day when their daughter posted their wedding picture on Facebook.
We were still teenagers...truly!

Enjoy,
Jo