Google+ Followers

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Orange Glazed Salmon


Before I begin to describe today’s dishes, I must apologize to my followers. In the last posting I regaled about the fiasco of making bread and stated that I had not made it “for years…”

But in my blog of Feb 16, 2010 I described feeling “adventurous” and attempted to make flatbread and ended up with “dough everywhere on my person and all over the kitchen…” So I can either say I am guilty of plagiarizing myself or admit that how easy it is to forget bad baking!

Now for today’s entry…and yes I posted a similar dish on July 6, 2011. The difference is in the sauce/glaze.

Side: Greek Style Salad. As usual sliced cucumber, chopped tomatoes, onions and olives were topped with a wedge of feta cheese and drizzled with balsamic vinaigrette.

Entrée: Salmon with Orange Glaze. This time I lightly coated the salmon with fresh ground pepper and sautéed on one side in canola oil and then finished it in the oven. For the glaze I sautéed shallots in evoo, added sherry and reduced, then added orange marmalade and more sherry and reduced.

Served with crusty bread and evoo garlic and basil dipping sauce.

Enjoy,
Jo

2 comments:

The Sullivans said...

Yo, JO:

We were in Paris over the weekend and, while there, we went to my favorite restaurant: A la biche au bois. They serve a lot of game-based meals there. - and they make great Frites! (french fries)

The entrée that I ordered came with mashed potatoes - maybe the best I have ever tasted. The waiter said that they mix celery root with the mashed potatoes.

Have you heard of/tasted mashed potatoes with celery root (aka celeriac)?

The Sullivans said...

Yo, JO:

We were in Paris over the weekend and, while there, we went to my favorite restaurant: A la biche au bois. They serve a lot of game-based meals there. - and they make great Frites! (french fries)

The entrée that I ordered came with mashed potatoes - maybe the best I have ever tasted. The waiter said that they mix celery root with the mashed potatoes.

Have you heard of/tasted mashed potatoes with celery root (aka celeriac)?