Google+ Followers

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Simple Lemon Sole




This is about as simple as it gets. And it was all about a bottle of wine. We previously had enjoyed a bottle of Craggy Range Pinot Noir so I thought we would try the Sauvingon Blanc. I needed a dish to go with the wine.

Entree: Lemon Sole.
The sole was brushed with a mixture of white wine, lemon juice and fresh ground pepper and sauteed in olive oil in a hot skillet.

Slices of Lemon were browned in the same skillet. When the lemon sole was flaky and plated I topped it with fresh chopped basil.

Side: Glazed Carrots. I recently found out that my husband likes cooked carrots and thought they would add color to the dish. I merely cooked the tiny baby carrots in a mixture of water, bourbon and brown sugar until they were coated.

Wine: Craggy Range Sauvignon Blanc. We were not disappointed.

Enjoy,
Jo

No comments: