Google+ Followers

Thursday, September 8, 2011

Quinoa Rotelle with Farmer Market Fresh Veggies





I had a box of organic gluten free Quinoa in my pantry. Not sure why, but it must have been a healthy shopping trip. Knowing that the veggies I purchased as the local Farmer's Market would be tasty, I thought I would try the pasta that claims "you'll never go back to plain noodles again."

It was a beautiful late summer evening for dinner on the deck - amazing how green the lawns are at this time of year (hopefully we will not pay for it during the winter months!)

Entree: Rotelle with Veggies. I sauteed the garlic, tiny purple onions, eggplant and red bell pepper in olive oil. As the pasta was finishing and prior to taking the veggies out of the skillet I stirred in tiny cherry tomatoes, fresh basil and oregano. When plated, I added a splash of olive oil and shaved parmesan.

Bread: French Bartarde. This loaf cam from a local bakery that has a table at the Farmers Market. It was very crusty and quite good.

Wine: 2005 Carparzo Brunello. One of our favorites.

Enjoy,
Jo

No comments: