Google+ Followers

Friday, July 15, 2011

Penne with Peas and Asparagus




I like to keep issues of cooking magazines that contain receipes that I find interesting...some I make, others I plan to make or I just like the cover.

The April 2007 issue of Food and Wine is one that meets all three! The cover receipe is a fresh looking "penne with spring peas and asparagus, perfect with a citrusy Sauvignon Blanc".

As I have mentioned I do not tend to cook with cream so I eliminated the 1/4 of heavy cream and made a few additions.

Entree: Penne Pasta with Asparagus and Peas. I cooked the olive oil, garlic, asparagus, still tender then added the chicken broth and reduced. I added cherry tomatoes and heated. Immeditely prior to removing from pan I stirred in sage and basil. I placed the pasta on a serving platter and sprinkled with fresh grated and shavings of parmasean, and fresh gourd black pepper.

Wine: Cloudy Bay Sauvignon Blanc

Enjoy,
Jo

No comments: