Google+ Followers

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Sea Bass with Shallot Mustard Sauce



Had a chance to go to my favorite grocer today. Stocked up on demi glace, hot raspberry preserves (for my baked brie), mustards, cheeses, olives, sun dried tomatoes and a variety of dried mushrooms.This store also has wonderful produce so I picked up some broccoli rabe.

Appetizer: While cooking we enjoyed some of the fresh salsa and a few of the olives.

Entree: Sea Bass with Shallot Mustard Sauce. I adapted a recipe for Mustard-Seared Tuna with Shallot cream sauce found in the August 2010 issue of Food and Wine. So I used Sea Bass instead of Tuna and I used fresh basil instead of thyme. The recipe called for heavy cream and I chose half and half.

I also did not have time to bake the shallots so I sauteed them. The cooked shallots, h&h, lemon juice, dijon mustard, and basil were put into a blender and pureed - I left a a few small chunks for texture. I removed from the blender a placed in a small sauce pan over low heat to keep warm.


When I prepared the sea bass I had to go back to one of my blogs to see how it should be cooked. So following my March 26, 2010 blog I pan seared it in olive oil for 3 minutes on one side and 50 seconds on another and then baked in the oven for 12minutes.

This was very good and I noted that it is one of my best, but I am looking forward to grilling a nice piece of tuna and trying it with the sauce.

Side: Broccoli Rabe. The Broccoli Rabe was steamed in chicken broth

Wine: Melville Pinot Noir. This is one of our favorites.

Enjoy,
Jo

No comments: