Google+ Followers

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Salmon with Cantaloupe



In searching for yet another way to prepare salmon I found a recipe for Fillet of Sole with Cantaloupe in the Italian Family Dining cookbook. I had the salmon so I adapted it.

Entree: Salmon with Cantaloupe. The salmon was rubbed with oil and then sprinkled with lemon juice, minced garlic, chopped fresh tarragon and fresh ground pepper. The cantaloupe chunks were placed around the salmon and placed under the broiler until the salmon was cooked to a medium rare.

I will try this with the sole in the future...I think the flavor of the cantaloupe would be more dominant with the sole than it was with the salmon. However I will try the salmon and cantaloupe on the outdoor grill if Spring ever gets to Ohio.

Side: Broccoli. The broccoli was splashed with chicken broth and cooked in the microwave.

Wine: Hook and Ladder Pinot Noir. We eagerly opened a bottle from our new shipment of wine from Hook and Ladder.

Enjoy,
Jo

1 comment:

The Sullivans said...

I made a similar but different fish entree. It was "Cabillaud a la mangue" (Cod with mangoes). Different from your recipe, it included a container of Greek yogurt. I loved the savory/sugary flavor which was a highlight of your dish.