Google+ Followers

Saturday, February 26, 2011

SPT



A sandwich I had at a Philadelphia Brewing House in the early nineties was memorable.I ordered the "Special BLT" and it came with arugula instead of iceberg lettuce and prosciutto instead of bacon. A few years ago in an Indiana town I had my first Salmon BLT. I adapted these two sandwiches and have served my Salmon, Prosciutto and Tomato sandwich several times over the last few years.

Entree Sandwich: Salmon, Prosciutto and Tomato with Arugula. The salmon is grilled, the prosciutto heated and placed on a bun with arugula, tomatoes and a mayo spread. This time I used a ciabetta roll. This is especially good when made with tomatoes that are in season. But "ugly" tomatoes, or "tomatoes on the vine" will do during other seasons.

Enjoy,
Jo

No comments: