Google+ Followers

Sunday, January 23, 2011

A Winter Night's Soup



I did not follow any recipe for this soup, just felt like "playing around" with what I had on hand.

The Soup: In olive oil I sauteed garlic, carrots, celery and bulb onions. I added white wine and sherry and reduced. This mixture was then pureed. I then sauteed additional carrots, zucchini, onion, green beans, and plum tomatoes. I added a bold rotisserie chicken stock and the pureed mixture. Before serving I added fresh spinach. The soup was topped with thinly shaved pecornia romano.

Bread: Olive Bread. I do not often make my own bread...it is time consuming, and I am usually not home long enough to wait for dough to rise, and rise again, but on this day we were snowed in and I was not going anywhere. I did double the amount of olives.

Wine:2008 Sangiovese

Enjoy,
Jo

2 comments:

The Sullivans said...

Nice creation (and a good picture as well!)

The Sullivans said...

Creative and gorgeous!