Google+ Followers

Monday, December 13, 2010

Talapia on Bed of Spinach



I so not typically eat fried or battered fish, but recently enjoyed a seafood entree in a favorite local restaurant that had a very light crusty coating. When I inquired I, the server explained that the coating was "Ritz" crackers. I don't think I have had a "Ritz" in years. I remember my mom and her contemporaries serving the trendy appetizer of the day...Ritz crackers and jarred pimento cheese!

When I looked for Ritz crackers in the grocery, I was delighted to see that one of the varieties was "Reduced Fat."

Entree: Cracker Coated Talapia on a Bed of Sauteed Spinach. The Talapia loins were dipped in egg white, and rolled in finely ground cracker crumbs which were seasoned with back pepper and herbs de provence. The talapia was sauteed for 2 minutes on each side and finished in a 400degree oven for 15 minutes.

The spinach was sauteed with garlic and olive oil. The Talapia was placed on top of the plated spinach.

Sides: Sweet Potato Fries and Steamed Broccoli. Nothing special here - the fries were frozen and baked according to the package and the broccoli was steamed in the microwave.

Enjoy,
Jo

No comments: