Google+ Followers

Monday, November 29, 2010

Pissaladiere with Proscuitto and Pesto



We had a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend with family. No turkey for us though...I made my once a year beef tenderloin roast.Traditionally this is our Christmas meal, but since family was home and will not be for Christmas we made it our Thanksgiving meal. I will post that later, because it is a meal you may wish to consider for Christmas.

Stepping back to the weeks leading up to the holiday here is a weeknight meal, which is adpated from the recipe Pissaladiere in the Bistro Style Cuisine cookbook. The addition of chopped proscuitto and using some pre-made pesto (basil, garlic and pine nuts) made the strong flavor of the blue cheese less biting. I do love blue cheese but not always as the dominant flavor.

Entree: Pissaladiere with Proscuitto and Pesto. Using "store bought" rolled pizza dough I kneaded chopped garlic and chopped fresh rosemary into the dough. It was extremely difficult to spread the dough into a pan even using a rolling pin. The next time I will purchase an unbaked pizza shaped crust and just press the garlic and rosemary into the dough. However if you are a skilled baker your own dough would probably be the best.

After spreading (fighting) the dough into a baking dish I mixed the pesto with olive oil and spread it on the dough. I partially cooked the dough following the time on the package. I removed it from the oven topped it with the olives, proscuitto and blue cheese and finishing baking.

Wine: a nice italian wine from Banfi

Enjoy,
Jo

No comments: