Google+ Followers

Saturday, September 25, 2010

Mushroom Pizza with Blue Cheese and Pine Nuts



Yes it has been over a month since I posted. The day job, golf and short trips seem to get in the way...not in the way of eating of course, just the time to blog. I did get a new range and frig. I never realized how hard it was going to be to find a range with a warming drawer (I like warm plates) and in biscuit/cream/off white. I was told by at least 6 sales people and several stores that the color was passe. Well I happen to like earth tones and my kitchen is a long way from needing a do over. Finally I gave in and got one of the two brands that did have the color and warming drawer...a GE profile...after five days of use...the verdict is still out. The frig is fine.

Okay back to the dinner idea...I do have a back log to blog about. So here is one that I know that I will make again!

The first course. Once again it was locally grown tomatoes with fresh mozerella topped with olive oil and basil. Arugula garnished the plate. I never tire of preparing or enjoying this summer salad.

The pizza. The crust is from the dairy case. I coated the crust with olive oil and minced garlic, and topped with roasted pine nuts, blue cheese, sauteed mushrooms, and parmesan cheese, and baked.

Wine: Tillerman from Hook and Ladder

Enjoy,
Jo

1 comment:

Lois said...

Now that we've been to Sonoma and have a better idea of the wines you recommend, I've had a great time re-reading all of your blogs! I can't wait to go back .... I'm thinking retirement out there looks pretty darned good!!!
Lois