Google+ Followers

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

A Wine and Cheese Party





Hello, I hope some of you missed me as I have missed you. It has been a very busy and distracting time, but I guarantee you I continue to plan, prepare, dine and enjoy!

In July we hosted a Wine and Cheese Party that we had donated to a local charity auction earlier this year. It is our way of combining support of a worthy organization, entertaining people (some we know, some we don't) and my love of presenting an array of food.

The offerings for this evening were: Baked Brie with Hot Raspberry Preserves. I described this on an earlier blog and the only difference was that I used a circle of brie that was coated with fresh ground pepper.

Antipasti. The platter included a variety of olives, artichoke hearts, mushrooms, prosciutto, roasted red peppers and grape tomatoes, and fresh mozzarella rounds with basil. Olive Oil was lightly sprinkled over the platter.

Two tapanades - Feta and Sun dried Tomato. The Feta Tapanade included feta, cream cheese and fresh oregano. The Sun dried Tomato Tapanade is from Bistro Style Cuisine. It included chopped sun dried tomatoes, garlic, tomato puree, capers, fresh basil and fresh ground pepper.

Raincoast Crisps and Baguette Rounds

Variety of Cheeses. The two cheese boards included English, Greek, Dutch and American cheeses.

Roasted Asparagus.

Fruit including grapes, strawberries, and raspberries

The wine card above lists the wines that we offered. Yes, there is a typo... but the evening was a hit!

Enjoy,
jo

No comments: