Google+ Followers

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Wedge with Chicken and Blue Cheese




Iceberg lettuce wedges have come back into popularity. Not one of my favorites, but after watching my husband enjoy many restaurant versions of wedges with blue cheese dressing (with bacon) I decided I should try to come up with a version that I would enjoy...yes sometimes it is all about me.

Entree: Wedge with Panko Crusted Chicken and Blue Cheese.The Chicken tenderloin strips are brushed on all sides with Quaker Steak and Lube Louisiana Lickers sauce and rolled in panko crumbs. The chicken is baked at about 350 degrees for about 20 minutes. The wedge is topped with the chicken strips, blue cheese dressing and crumbled blue cheese. The dressing consists of olive oil, pinot grigio vinegar, blue cheese, and fresh gound pepper. Quaker Steak and Lube was first established in the neighboring town of where I grew up. The restaurant has ecpanded to many cities and is well known for its chicken wings and various levels of sauce from mild to wow (that is my own word, they have one that is more descriptive and probably copyrighted). But any mildly hot barbecue sauce would work.

Side: Crusty bread

Wine: Robert Stemler Caneros Pinot Noir 2006 EXCELLENT!

Enjoy,
jo

No comments: