Google+ Followers

Saturday, July 17, 2010

Pasta with Roasted Veggies



My sister told me that she was worried that I was not feeding my husband or that all my meals were less than photogenic (like the layered chicken) because I had not posted lately...it is nice to know that someone is watching. And yes I have been cooking...mostly quick meals that do no take much prior planning...pasta!

First Course: Tomato and Fresh Mozzarella. Finally the season's tomatoes have started to appear. The tomatoes are sliced and alternated with slices of fresh Mozzarella. These are topped with lots of fresh basil ...it is so nice to walk out on the deck and snip a few sprigs. Add the fresh ground pepper and drizzle with olive oil. Arugula decorated the plate.

Entree:Pasta with Roasted Vegetables. Typically the vegetables would be grilled, but on this day it was just too hot to stand over a hot grill so the veggies, zucchini, red bell peppers, orange bell peppers, and onion, were drizzled with olive oil and put in the oven. The roasted veggies were tossed with cooked penne pasta, crushed garlic, fresh ground black pepper and fresh herbs, oregano and basil.

Wine: Hook and Ladder Station 10 2006

Enjoy,
Jo

No comments: