Google+ Followers

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Crab Cakes with Mustard Sauce



I apologize for not posting lately...it has been a week of travel, celebration of family - golf and grandbabies, milestone birthdays ...life moments as I refer to them!

I did learn that many of my relatives check "Yo Jo..." regularly and they certainly let me know what they thought when they looked at the recent stuffed chicken layers! The only constant was that no one thought at first glance that they were layers of chicken breasts.

Many mentioned that they thought the crab cakes looked and sounded interesting...so here is a dish I made using the crab cakes that I froze.

Entree: Crab Cakes with Mustard Sauce. The ingredients of the crab cakes can be found in the June 22 Blog. This time the crab cakes were thawed and reheated in a 400 degree oven for 10 minutes. Because they were initially very moist the heat and time did not dry them out.
The sauce: Added to sauteed shallots were grainy mustard, honey Dijon and dry white wine. This mixture was cooked just long enough to blend the flavors. The sauce was served in a miniature ceramic spoon next to the crab cakes.

Side: A Slaw like Salad:The lettuce, carrots and onion were sliced very thin and mixed with thin cucumber slices and cherry tomatoes. For the dressing the olive oil and pinot grigio vinegar were mixed with fresh ground pepper and fresh herbs (basil, oregano, thyme)

Wine: Joel Gott Sauvignon Blanc- This was recommended by one of the wine staff at my favorite market. It is an inexpensive dry, crispy, pleasant wine.

Enjoy,
Jo

1 comment:

Scrumptious Swirls said...

Um Yum! Are you shipping to PA? Lol~ They would be perfect for my cance the crab birthday soiree!!