Google+ Followers

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Potato Salad with Arugula and Lemon




The June issue of Cooking Light magazine had several interesting recipes. Not being a potato salad fan but a fan of anything arugula the Lemon-Arugula Salad was something I just had to try. I served it along with a grilled salmon sandwich and green beans.

Potato Salad with Arugula and Lemon: I followed the recipe except I used Pinot Grigio Vinegar instead of Sherry Vinegar, and eliminated the salt. My version of the salad consisted of Yukon Gold potatoes, shallots, arugula and olive oil, lemon rind, lemon juice, vinegar, and fresh ground black pepper.


Salmon Sandwich: The salmon was grilled and topped with a spread of chopped tomato, onion, red bell pepper and mayo. It was served on a ciabatta bread.

Green Beans: The green beans were cooked, cooled and tossed with previously prepared pesto.

Beverage: Bottled Panna water with slices of orange and lemon

Enjoy,
Jo

No comments: