Google+ Followers

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Panko Crusted Talapia with Lemon Sauce




A light entree and side allow for a more substantial appetizer. On this particular evening, dinner would be late and I had the ingredients for one of my favorites...baked Brie. For large gatherings I use a full round of brie, but this evening I had a wedge which was plenty for two. My guest and I shared it on the deck enjoying a Manhattan (guest) and wine (me).

Appetizer: Baked Brie Roll out puff pastry dough. A full sheet for a whole round and a partial sheet for a wedge. Spread honey mustard on the pastry and then place the wedge of brie in the middle of the pastry sheet. Fold the pastry dough over the wedge, poke fork holes in the pastry and place on an ungreased cooking sheet. For time and temperature check pastry box. I always serve this with Hot Pepper Raspberry Preserves from Rothschild Farm.

Entree: Panko Crusted Talapia with Caper Lemon Sauce. The panko crumbs are tossed with oil and herbs. The fish fillets are placed in a roasting pan and the crumbs are patted in and sprinkled around the pan. Bake until the fish is flaky.

The sauce is a mixture of chicken and seafood demi glace, chicken broth and fresh lemon juice. When the sauce is reduced stir in the capers. To serve, top the fish with a slice of fresh lemon and then pour the sauce over the fish.

Side: Broccoli. The broccoli is cooked in chicken broth in the microwave for two or three minutes.

Wine: Hook and Ladder Sauvignon Blanc

Enjoy,
Jo

No comments: