Google+ Followers

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Layered Mediterranean Chicken Breasts



It seemed like a clever idea...instead of stuffing the chicken breasts, use flatten pieces of chicken and layer with the filling.
It was tasty, but as you can see from the picture the chicken breasts looked a little stiff, or more like flat bread. My error was grilling the chicken breasts and because they were so thin I could not leave them on the grill long enough to brown. Because I still like the idea of layering, the next time I will brown the chicken in a hot skillet. I am sure they will look a tad more appetizing.

I adapted the recipe from Mediterranean Stuffed Chicken Breasts in the the June issue of Cooking Light.

Entree: Layered Mediterranean Chicken Breasts. To the stuffing of red bell pepper, feta cheese, kalamata olives, and basil, I added minced garlic, oregano and additional olives. After grilling, the breasts were alternated with the stuffing, covered with foil and heated, for about five minutes in the oven, just enough time to warm the filling.

Side: Sauteed Squash and Zucchini. The veggies were sauteed with shallots, garlic and herbs de provence.

Wine: Hook and Ladder Pinot Noir

Enjoy,
Jo

No comments: