Google+ Followers

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Chicken, Mushrooms, Wild Rice and Asparagus





I am back and yes that is a picture of Torrey Pines in LaJolla California. The views and the course were spectacular. I will not regale you with my golf game but will only say that there were at least 75 sand traps on the South Course and I was in at least 50 of them. And yes there is a relation to food and dining. One evening as I sat with my husband, sipping Veuve Clicquot, over looking the 18th hole and gazing into the sunset over the Pacific Ocean I was convinced it just didn't get any better...but then the next day we were paired up with a culinary arts professor from Utah who shares my belief that it is about dining not eating. We managed to talk between shots and I was awed with his description of his dinner the night before...with great and loving detail he described each course and the ingredient in each offering. And...And...I finished 18 strokes better than my first round! (I was only in two sand traps!)

Prior to leaving I prepared the following dinner:

Entree: The wild rice was cooked in chicken broth. Using the left over chicken Marsala (thawed) I tossed in roasted asparagus and served over the rice.

Wine: Robert Stemmler 2006 Caneros Pinot Noir

Before closing I want to welcome my newest follower, Marcus from Hook and Ladder winery. He called me back, sold me a case of wine and joined my blog!

Enjoy,
Jo

No comments: