Google+ Followers

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Tuna Pasta Salad

A dinner for just mom and me and the thought of comfort food was in the air! I gave her choices - a cold tuna pasta salad, a tuna noodle casserole (which meant I was even willing to use canned soup in her honor) or broiled white fish. She chose the cold pasta salad, saving me from opening a "can of cream soup."

Tuna Pasta Salad:
Putting my own twist on the salad I used three-cheese torts. The cooked torts were combined with the cooked peas, tuna (bagged in water), scallions, part mayo with olive oil and a tablespoon of Miracle Whip (for her.), and seasoned with a dash of salt and fresh ground pepper. The mixture was topped with cherry tomatoes.

Beverage: One Manhattan for the mom and bottled water for the cook.

Enjoy,
Jo

No comments: