Google+ Followers

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Risotto with Asparagus and Sun-dried Tomato



Back from a great family and fun weekend in the city of brotherly love. A beautiful baptism of a beautiful granddaughter in a magnificent old cathedral.

We really enjoy the many BYOB restaurants in Philly. On this trip we chose a small Italian place with a limited Italian menu. I opted for the first course special of the evening as my entree - a Risotto with asparagus and artichokes. I asked the server to please ask the chef for lots of Parmesan and garlic...the chef visited my table. He does not use garlic in "his artichoke risotto.." so I deferred to him. But he then offered to put roasted garlic cloves on the top to make us "both happy." It was good, but I do like my basic risotto which always includes garlic and Parmesan. I have not found that the garlic and Parmesan "over power" any additional ingredients.

Entree: Risotto with Asparagus and Sun-dried Tomato. Using the basic recipe which includes chicken broth, thinly sliced garlic and Parmesan cheese I add the slightly cooked asparagus and sun dried tomato before serving.

Wine: J Pinot Noir

Enjoy,
Jo

No comments: