Google+ Followers

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Halibut Wrapped in Proscuitto


This is a dish that I prepared last year. I wrote it down because it was very tasty but I failed to note the source of my "inspiration." I quickly scanned my 2009 issues of Food and Wine and Gourmet magazines but did not find it... If I would have known that months later I would have time to start a food blog I would have made more detailed notes...

Speaking of detailed notes, let me digress...my dad who was a "scratch golfer" for many years died at a young age. He left most of his children with the love of the game but not his talent. What he did leave was pages and pages of charts on each golf game he played, noting the date, weather, who he played with, the course, his score and how much he won (or occasionally lost). My mom discovered these when she cleaned out materials from his work office. So I am thinking when I pass my family may just want to know that on February 13 2010 I served, at home using the best china, a dinner of mushroom toasts, lobster/shrimp bisque, salmon and fruit and cheese...accompanied with champagne for the appetizer and Donum Pinot Noir for the entree and dessert, it was wintry outside and I played (oops excuse me) dined with my husband. And although no money was exchanged the dinner was considered a winner.

Okay now for the entree.
Entree: Halibut Wrapped in Proscuitto. Season the fish with fresh ground pepper and saute in a skillet and then finish in the oven. Serve it a top a mixture of cherry tomatoes, roasted red peppers, black and green olives and thinly sliced onions.

Sauce/Dressing: Saute garlic and shallots. Add capers and mix with olive oil, balsamic vinegar and fresh ground black pepper. Drizzle over the halibut and veggies.

Enjoy,
Jo


Next: Creamy Baked Halibut





No comments: