Google+ Followers

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Tapenade and Tuna Wrap



Last week for an appetizer I made a green olive tapenade. I have always made a black olive tapenade but I was out of fresh black olives and had a jar of green olives from a great deli in Philadelphia Pa. One of my favorite cookbook's "Caprial's Bistro-Style Cuisine" has a trio of tapenades - the two olives and a wonderful sun dried tomato tapendade. I served the green olive tapenade with crostini crackers. We enjoyed a Sancere with this appetizer.

Now to today's dinner. I mixed the left over green olive tapenade in tuna fish for Tuna Wraps. My usual tuna wraps use tuna from a pouch blended with onion, mayo with olive oil, diced cucumber, chopped roasted red pepper, and capers. Add thinly sliced tomato, lettuce and then wrap.

Side: Steamed green beans and sweet potato fries (roasted not fried)

No wine with the wraps.

Just in case you "can't wait" for the next entry - it will be on Thursday, because tomorrow is St. Patrick's Day and I always find a place that I can enjoy a Guinness in memory of my gram and my dad.

So to keep you interested for the next entry...it will be Chicken with wild rice, pecans and apples.

Till then, enjoy
O'Jo

No comments: