Google+ Followers

Friday, March 26, 2010

Sea Bass



I have been consulting my "reference cookbooks" more and more when I am cooking seafood. The correct temperature and time can make the difference between delicious or disaster. This time I did not overcook the sea bass and it was as good as I have had it in restaurants.
Entree: Sea Bass in Broth
In a sauce pan I sauteed shallots and garlic, added glace de fruits de mer gold, fish stock, chicken broth, fresh ground black pepper, and sherry, then reduced. The sea bass was seared for about 3 minutes on one side and 50 seconds on the other and then placed in the oven for about 12 minutes.

The broth was ladled into the serving bowl and the sea bass was added. It was topped with asparagus spears.

Side: Asparagus. The asparagus was cooked in chicken broth.
Wine: Jadot Pouilly Fusee
Enjoy,
Jo

No comments: