Google+ Followers

Monday, March 1, 2010

Lemon Chicken with Olives and Roasted Peppers


If you are a follower of this blog it has become evident that I like olives, lemon, garlic and roasted red peppers, and use them often. They can add color and flavor to pale looking/tasting food. I also believe in the health benefits of broccoli, so it is included in many meals.

Today's offering is a dish adapted from a Lemon Chicken recipe in the Flat Belly Diet but I did skip the potatoes.

Entree: Lemon Chicken with Olives and Roasted Red Peppers. Roast the chicken and a bed of onions. Drizzle with a mixture of olive oil, lemon zest, lemon juice, oregano, minced garlic and black pepper. Most recipes call for salt, but I rarely add or use salt.
When the chicken and onions are done I toss in the olives and roasted peppers just to heat them and mix with the herbed drizzle.

Side: Broccoli. The broccoli is cooked with a few tablespoons of chicken broth and put in the microwave for 2 to 2.30 minutes.

Wine:
Definitive Pinot Noir. This was recommended by a local grocer.

1 comment:

CTBamaFan said...

Enjoy reading your entries, but since I don't eat any seafood, many only get a quick glance.

This one has my taste buds firing off full blast. Cook most of my veggies in a steamer, may have to try them in the microwave with the chicken broth.

Hope life as a Grandma is treating you well.