Google+ Followers

Saturday, February 20, 2010

Tomato Salad and Sea Bass




Salad: This tomato salad is a classic at one of our local restaurants. I use the best tomatoes possible, and top with purple onion and good blue cheese (Maytag is a favorite.) I use my standard balsamic and olive oil dressing seasoned with fresh ground pepper.

Entree: Asiago Crusted Sea Bass (recipe from West Point Market Cookbook). The crust includes Panko crumbs, asiago cheese, lemon zest, lemon juice, olive oil, parsley, garlic and fresh ground pepper. Spoon the mixture on the bass fillets and press down lightly. Bake until golden brown, about 15 minutes or to your taste.

Side: Broccoli with red bell pepper and shitake mushrooms. I use chicken broth instead of water to steam the veggies in the microwave for 2 1/2 mins.

Wine: Le Pierre from the Sonoma Cutrer Winery

Dessert: Poached Pear. I halve the pear and poach in Marsala wine. I remove the pears, top with a small spoon of blue cheese, reduce the Marsala and pour it over the pears and blue cheese.

Another great weekend evening of food, dining, wine and each other.

enjoy,
jo

No comments: