Google+ Followers

Saturday, February 20, 2010

More Greek and Salmon




I enjoy noshing on appetizers and sipping on a glass of wine while I prepare the rest of the dinner. It is great time to share the day's news (personal or the world) with my spouse or family and friends.

Appetizer: Mini Greek Salad Rounds. Taking MY basic Greek Salad ingredients, I slice crusty bread, top the slices with arugula, and a thin slice of cucumber and then arrange the olives, tomatoes and feta cheese. I pour a little olive oil over them and put in a warm oven for less than two minutes.

Dinner: Salmon on a bed of parmesan risotto and red bell pepper, shitake mushroom, purple onion and broccoli stalk. I used the one sided method for salmon, used vegetable and chicken stock for the risotto, and sauteed the veggies on high while the salmon was cooking.

Wine: Melville, a pinot noir favorite

Enjoy,
jo

No comments: