Google+ Followers

Friday, February 5, 2010

Chicken piccata



It is the end of the week and it is an evening to relax. The next ten days are full of travel and "grab meals as you can," so we are going to take advantage of tonite.
Entree: Chicken piccata. It is one of our favorite dishes and it is one that I do prepare more often than most.There are many recipes and there is no one that I follow each time. However I always flatten the chicken breasts and use lots of lemon, capers, garlic and white wine as well as herbs. I tend not to use butter, but I do add a small bit to the olive oil when browning the chicken.

Side: Steamed broccoli

Bread - good chewy whole grain served with olive oil and herb dip

Wine - J Pinot Noir. We discovered J on our 2007 trip to Sonoma Valley and have been ordering it ever since.

enjoy cooking, enjoy the meal and wine and of course the one you are with.

jo

No comments: