Google+ Followers

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Cheese, egg and veggie dish


A fritatta? a crustless quiche?...not sure what to call this, but it was tasty. Once again I used what was in the frig.

Ingredients
Five eggs (two whole and three egg whites)
Two cups of cheese(cheddar and provolone)
Zucchini, asparagus, broccoli, onion, leeks, sundried tomatoes
Parmesan (sprinkled on top)
Seasoning black pepper
Splash of water, splash of heavy cream
Dash of cayenne
I sauteed the veggies, then poured over the egg and cheese mixture. When the eggs were set, I sprinkled the Parmesan on the top and paced under the broil to brown it.

Earlier in the day I was somewhat adventurous and made flatbread, adapting a recipe from the Mediterranean Diet Cookbook. I added several herbs, fresh thyme and rosemary, garlic, and dried basil and oregano. I say adventurous because I am not very good at baking. I do not have the patience to follow exact recipes and with baking disasters usually result if you vary from the recipe. True to form I had dough everywhere, on my person and all over the kitchen.

I served the flat bread with little dishes of olive oil.

Typically I would not serve wine with an egg fritatta, but this dish was more the consistency of a cheesy quiche, so we enjoyed a bottle of O'Reilly's Pinot Noir.

It's quick, you can use any veggies...but use lots of cheese!

enjoy,
jo

No comments: